Process video of an illustration made with coloured inks and paint marker, with a music by WeloW.. The original piece is available on my online shop (clic !).
A chicken ! Made with acrylic gouache.
A raccoon painting made with a mix of watercolors, acrylic gouache and black ink, all on a cardstock pink colored paper. I wanted to try drawing on samething else than white papier for once. It notably changes the way to work with watrercolors as this is a transparent paint by definition.
The original painting is available on my Etsy shop.
Here is a short process video of two small heron paintings. Supplies used: coloured pencil sketch, colour base with watercolours and touch-ups with acrylic gouache. The two original paintings are up for sale on my shop: horizontal format with blue background, and vertical format with green background.
You can learn more on this topic on the website of the Invasice Species Council of British Columbia.
In October, during the winter light saving switch, the “25 hours of comics and illustration” take place. A topic and a constrain are provided, and participants have to make a series of 12 comic pages or illustrations.
In 2019, the topic was “total immersion” and the constrain “a recurring element has to appear on each of your pages”.
I tried it out, and I ended up with only 3 pages that I finished outside the time limit! But it’s the taking part that counts, right ?
You can read all the participating artworks on the 25hBD website by clicking on this link.
Here is mine.
Last month, I took part in Inktober, an ink drawing challenge created by Jack Parker. I decided to make one drawing a day reprensenting an endangered animal, following a list made by DNKN HLFT. Here are all my drawings!
I did not know most of these animals before this experience ! The drawing are inspired by photographs I am not the author of. Here are some sources:
– Iiwi : Photo by Jack Jeffrey found on this page.
– Malimbe d’Ibadan : Photo by Nick Borrow found on this page.
– Indri : Photo by Martha de Jong -Lantink found on this page.
– Pika d’Ili : Photo by Weidong Li found on this page.
– Plectrohyla Ixil : Photo by Carlos R. Vasquez-Almazan found on this page.
– Renard gris insulaire : Photo by Julie King found on this page.
– Vautour indien : Photo by an unknown author (contact me if you know them) found on this page.
– Dauphin de l’Indus : Image by an unknown author (contact me if you know them) found on this page.
– Iguane marin des Galapagos : Photo by Lieutenant Elizabeth Crapo found on this page.
– Cnemaspis Indica : Photo by Saunak Pal found on this page.
This weekend I took part in the “25h BD” (25 hours of comic). We had 25 hours, including the night of the daylight-savings time change, to draw a comic or a series of illustrations. A theme and a constraint were given at the last moment.
The theme was “propaganda” and the constraint “mise en abime”.
Here is the cover of my series of illustration:
You can see the others I made during the event on the official website. They are in black and white, but I intend to colour them when I will have more time, and I will publish them in here.
Also do not forget to check the other participants‘ drawings and comics out.